Journaling can be such a powerful way to get in touch with the parts of yourself that are simmering just below the surface.
This month's prompts revolve around the theme of owning your creative self.
Grab your favorite drink and a notebook, and find somewhere comfortable to dive into these questions:
1. What parts of your creative self do you tend to push away? (This might be the part that procrastinates, the part that can never be satisfied, the part that always wants to just buy one more thing before you can start.)
2. Do you appreciate that part of you? Why or why not?
3. Where did that part of you come from? What is its origin story in your life?
4. Is it trying to protect you from anything? If so, what?
5. What if this part of you is trying to protect you because it loves you, and wants to keep you safe? How does that feel to you?
6. How might you show kindness or affection to this part of yourself?
7. What does this part of you want to say to you? Does it have any requests?
What did you find today? I'd love to hear from you and learn about what discoveries you made as you dove into these questions. Please feel free to drop me a line anytime!